Welcome to the 2018 Albany Walk/5k/10k for Kidneys! Our largest community awareness event of the year, we are so appreciative of your participation! We are pleased to announce an all new location this year! The event will be held at Central Park in Schenectady, which offers many family-fun amenities built in! You'll be able to enjoy the playground, pool and splash area, paddle boats, garden areas and more! So plan to join us for a day of family fun all while we raise funds for those living with kidney disease!
THE EVENT TIMES ARE AS FOLLOWSl
ONSITE CHECK IN BEGINS AT 8 AM
RACE BEGINS AT 9. AWARD CEREMONY FOR RACE WILL BE AT 10:30.
WALKERS CAN CHECK IN ANY TIME AFTER 8 AM; THE WALK WILL START AT 11
We have so much in store for you this year that we know you will be super excited to register and start fundraising today!
Here's what we have planned for you!
* Vendor marketplace!
* Kids activities featuring clowns and facepainting, a poster zone and more!
* Presentation of the Kathe LeBeau Patient Empowerment Award.
* Presentation of the Melissa Daniels Team Spirit Award.
* Placement awards for runners in the following age categories: youth up to age 12, first place boys and girls; ages 13-18, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place male and female; 19-25 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place male and female; 26-35 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place male and female; 36-45 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place male and female; 46-55 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place male and female; 56-65 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place male and female; 66+ 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place male and female. Awards will be given for both the 5K and the 10K. Each race will also have an overall male and overall female winner.
Chronic kidney disease affects one out of every three adults and most are unaware. There are nearly 10,000 New Yorkers waiting for a life saving transplant. Your participation in this event raises funds to support grants for medical, nutrition and housing needs; free kidney screenings for underserved communities; patient, public and professional education; school based programs; scholarship programs; research; healthcare advocacy and so much more!
We sincerely appreciate your support and belief in our mission! Together we can do so much to improve the lives of those affected by kidney disease and related conditions, to increase organ donation and to empower those we serve to be effective voices for better healthcare at the local, state and federal levels. For information or assistance please call 518-533-7880 or email email@example.com
Northeast Kidney Foundation, Inc.
501 New Karner Road, Suite 6 * Albany, NY 12205 www.healthykidneys.org ● firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.kidneywheels.org to donate a vehicle
(518) 458-9697 ● (800) 999-9697 ● (518) 518-458-9690 fax
Western New York office: 110 Broadway, Buffalo, NY 14203 * Phone (716) 512-7918